The A-Crate features Pig Saver Flip Bars that ensure the sow eases herself down slowly to protect baby pigs but the bars won't restrict the sow as she's getting back up.
The swinging rump guard gates open forward and backward with a quick-release stainless steel back gate which allows for easy maneuver with just one hand so non-removable pins won't get dropped or misplaced.
A low back and two-bolt, convenient assembly are just two features of the Farmweld A-Crate.
- Low back sides make it easy for the farrowing room crew to access the sow and baby pigs. Height at the back of the crates is 25 inches (635mm) from the floor so workers can reach for pigs without having to climb over or open gates.
- Pig Saver Flip Bars have no sharp edges and are welded at the factory so there's no added installation at the farm. The flip bars ensure the sow eases herself down slowly to protect baby pigs, but the bars won't restrict the sow as she's getting back up.
- Swinging Rump Guard gates open forward and backward so that workers have excellent access to assist during farrowing even when the sow is lying up against the gate. It also makes it easy to clean up behind the sow.
- Quick-release front and back gates are easy to manipulate quickly with just one hand. Non-removable pins won't get dropped or misplaced.
- Made of solid-rod construction for superior durability.
- A two-bolt assembly reduces installation time and hassle.
- A swinging heat-lamp rod allows position of heat where it is needed.
- The A-Crate sizes come in lengths of 7' (2.13m), 7'6'' (2.29m), and 8' (2.44m)
- 16'' (406mm) Front Gate
- Back of crate is solid steel with stainless steel strap and feet
- The back gate has a solid-rod steel frame with a stainless steel insert
- Bottom 12'' (305mm) of the front of the crate is stainless steel
- Stainless steel waterer with Edstrom™ nipples for the sow and piglets
- 20” (508mm) tall, #430 grade stainless steel dividers dividing the creep areas
- 24” (610mm) tall, #430 grade stainless steel framed dividers on the ends of the rows to prevent sows from jumping
- Finger or bow-bar
- Lower flip bars
- Clipless front and rear sow-card holders
- Heat lamp rods
- Following sow feeders are available: LaborSaver™, Deflector, or Round Bottom (wet sow feeders)